Casual creative workshops - Every week, Tuesday & Thursday
Full day classes are always fun and high energy however handwork is by nature a labour of love and takes time... in fact its part of the pleasure. On Thursdays why not take some time out to enjoy the process, develop your creativity and learn some new skills. Simply purchase an ak kit and in each class work through your project at your own pace. Or get help bringing your own ideas to life. Join us each week or work at home and come in for help with finishing or as the need arises.
This is the ideal class for someone who is new to handwork.
Date: Every week, Thursday and Tuesday
Place: ak’s new work space at 89 Glenferrie Road, Malvern. Near the corner of Wattletree and Glenferrie Roads, Dandenong Rd end. Excellent parking is available in nearby Malvern Central. The shop is also easily accessible by tram and a short walk from the train.
Time: 10am – 1pm
Cost: $40 plus the cost of the kit and additional materials
What’s included in the class fee:
- a small group of makers and lots of help, guidance and encouragement,
- a set of ak sewing needles and a printed calico work bag at your first class,
- 10% discount on any products or material purchased during the class,
- generous use of our felt scrap stash, stuffing, class materials and notions,
- morning tea
Possible projects include:
- a personalised knitting needle roll
- ak felt doll,
- up-in-the-treetops fairy mobile,
- felt work bin,
- traditional animal sampler